Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Journal 6 - Self Reflection re: Course - 1st 5 weeks

I would like you to reflect on your learning over the first 5 weeks of the course in a blog post. Your reflection should demonstrate your fundamental understanding of html and css. Share what was the hardest and the most rewarding assignment you have completed in the course. Provide links to the actual assignment (book exercise or lab) hosted on your cal poly account.
**********************************************************************************

I really enjoyed learning about building websites from scratch using Notepad and Dreamweaver.  I had already taken the more advanced course with Dr. McGarvey over a year ago.  So this class was a relief as it went over the basic fundamentals that I struggled with in the advanced course.

It is truly such a thrill to see that by learning coding, I can literally create a customized website from scratch using my own hard work and imagination. 

I particularly enjoyed learning about designing layout, plugging in navigation bars, and importing my favorite images into the website.

The hardest assignment was going back and finding all my labs and homework and getting the links to work as I linked them all into 2 separate tables (one for homework; one for labs).  It's one thing to create.  It's a totally other thing to make sure that links work.  I believe, by far, learning how to get things to link properly is the hardest but most rewarding thing we can learn in website development.  Here are the tables I created and linked my book assignments and labs to:

http://www.csupomona.edu/~nnelhaj/512/tablesforbook1.html

http://www.csupomona.edu/~nnelhaj/512/tablesforlabs1.html

I now have a fundamental grasp of what HTML and CSS are.  HTML is the structure and CSS is the style.  HTML includes the head, body, headers, paragraphs, and other sections.  Style can be included within the HTML.  But, it is considered better practice to have the style in a separate CSS that links to the HTML.

No comments:

Post a Comment